If your band streams music from Spotify, listing your gigs on your bands Artist Profile is a good way to get new listeners to your shows. I found the documentation on how to achieve this a bit confusing, so I’ve summed it up here.
1. Create a Tourbox account with Songkick here: https://accounts.songkick.com/signup
The options allow you to continue authenticate with Spotify or Facebook, however I’d recommend creating a single band account that everyone in your band can share so everyone else can manage your band via Songkick as well.
2. Navigate to https://tourbox.songkick.com – this is where you want to sign in, as otherwise it signs you into a personal account. This is confusing, and Songkick have done a terrible job at creating an intuitive UI. You have to make sure you’ve signed up and logged in as an artist to access Tourbox.
3. Click on the Add artist button, then search for your own band name. If there are multiple. If you already appear there, it might be because someone else listed your band as someone playing in their Event, or, it could be a duplicate.
4. Now, you’d expect Songkick to want to validate that you actually represent the band you’re claiming to manage, but they will only ask for validation if you try to manage a big band like Metallica or something. So, in theory, you could claim to manage a bunch of bands you like like and create bogus events that will appear on their Spotify page.
5. Once you’ve added your band as an artist that you manage, you can start adding events. It not only allows you to add your band to the event, but also other bands on the lineup. Songkick doesn’t have any mechanism to validate this, so it will trust whatever you tell it. Ideally, you’d list the actual bands by search for them. If they don’t exist, you can add them, which creates an Artist page for them and adds them to the event. Songkick will also start listing the event on that bands Spotify artist page, without telling them, so hopefully it adds the right one. Sometimes it’s hard to know if there are multiple bands on Songkick/Spotify with the same name. The take away from this is to add yourself to Songkick before someone else does.
6. After a few days, check back on your Spotify artist page and it should have listed your events like so: